Monday, November 30, 2009

Chaos

Montevallo recently lost one of its students in a car accident. I didn't know the girl who was killed but she was a member of the Purple family and in my particular lineage so I feel like I've lost someone I loved. To know the circumstances of how she lost her life was even more disheartening. I sincerely hope the woman who killed her realizes the ramifications of her decision to drive under the influence. I've never taken narcotics, but I've been drunk late at night and really wanted to drive to Huddle or a friend's place. Your inhibitions get lowered and you think "It's just down the street." I thank God that he gave me enough conviction to know that it was not worth it. I doubt the woman who hit Amie and the other students wanted to put anyone in danger. She was just being incredibly selfish and chose to serve herself rather than take into consideration the possibility that she would end a life. Someone posted on a blog that they could hear people screaming and calling for Amie. I can only imagine the grief the family is going through, losing their 18 year old daughter, but more so the trauma that the other passengers are going to carry from being in the car when their friend passed away. I think about them often and my heart hurts every time. I may not have known this young woman, but I am saddened to have missed my chance to be touched by her joy. I sincerely hope that the survivors are surrounded by love and come out on the other side of this healthy.

No comments:

Post a Comment