Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Rediscovering Me

I feel like it's time to take a look at myself through a microscope. My character needs to be updated. I find myself so angry with people. I want to shake them, punch them, and tell them everything they should change about themselves. The other day I felt like I was going to scream, and went to tweet my thoughts. As I pulled out my phone and started to type I thought to myself "What if people feel about me the way I feel about him?" I put my phone away and started to think. Most people don't get as annoyed or notice as many faults in other people. I hate that I can't go a day without being irritated (particularly at one person) and wanting to blow up. How come I can't just sit back and relax? There was a time when I was relaxed and happy, not worried about other people. I need to get back to that, and I don't really know how to do it. I went to church and found peace, but I'm not sure that is the path for me now. So for now I'm just being introspective and thinking about my behavior. I've decided on a couple of changes already. I am not going to worry how other people are affected by my mood or actions. That's not to say I'm going to be insensitive, it's just that I'm not going to be so overly sensitive. I spend all my time holding my breath so I don't bother people. The other thing I'm changing is how much I invest into political friendships. I love my friends so much but I know some of them throw me under the bus every chance they get. I'm not going to invest time into those friendships. I'm going to be mindful of their true behavior and guard myself. Those that are unconditional will be the ones I care about.

No comments:

Post a Comment