Sunday, April 12, 2009

My Own Private Corner of the World

It's good that nobody reads this because I don't really want anyone knowing my innermost thoughts. And while I realize that the probability of SOMEONE finding this is likely I'm okay with it because they don't see me in everyday life. This is just a place for me to get everything out when it bubbles over. When I can't handle it. Most people that create a blog write in it every day. I don't feel the need to do that. I just write as it comes to me. And today I feel like I'm going to boil over and let those I don't want knowing me hear my thoughts. I'm usually a vocal person, telling every friend I have what's wrong or right with my life. I've changed that recently and I like it. I've had a run in with someone who I'm not even close with lately over this change. He felt like I was falling apart simply because I didn't let him know what was going on in my life. It was at that moment that I realized I'm okay with keeping my business to myself. I don't need to tell everyone what's going on in my life. The only complication to this plan is that I got a boyfriend. Society has made it so that you think you should share your innermost thoughts with your significant other. I think that's bullshit. You don't have to tell anyone anything that you don't want to. It's hard not doing this the common way. But I feel like I know who I am and that's extremely important to me. I have been going through a lot of shit lately and I am getting through it by checking on myself and not having to worry about what everyone else knows about my business. They don't have to check in on me and wonder am I okay because the other day I told them some pretty serious stuff. I only have to answer to myself. So today I'm thankful for the change that has been implemented in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment